The Wand Position

The Wand Position
Often Used for Magic

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Meeting The Weather On Benevolent Ground

Once I remember walking in a park in Southern California with a friend of the time. She was talking to me about something she had attempted to do that I admired very much. She had decided once that she wanted to try something that was identified at the time as exclusively a man's job and that's that she wanted to try - being a Professional Roofer.
I was very impressed with what she had to say about it even though she didn't last on the job very long because it is truly a very difficult job - you have to carry very heavy loads to say nothing of the fact of the sexual harassment she experienced. I remember being very impressed with the fact that she tried though, that was impressive indeed.
I'm bringing this up also though to mention something that happened on that walk. She was asking me about her spiritual studies and practices and I recall that as a person of the world she was very sophisticated, she needed to see physical evidence right away that something could be done not just spoken about theoretically.
I remember at that time thinking, well, what to do and then feeling - perhaps it would be acceptable with Mother Earth to do this and so we stopped walking on the path and I raised my right hand up to the clouds - it was a cloudy day - and moving my hand back and forth and directing a benevolent energy in that direction from Mother Earth, requested that the clouds part just a little bit to reveal some blue sky.
There had been a few showers also so that was another motivation and the clouds immediately parted directly over where we were and there was rain all around us but not where we were. I had never done that before and it was my first experience of working with the weather which I've been taught how to do extensively.
I felt good about that moment and as I recall it now feel good about sharing it with you all.
Goodlife.

No comments: