The Wand Position

The Wand Position
Often Used for Magic

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Flexing Your Feeling Muscles To Grow

It is in the nature of our civilization on planet Earth these days that competition is something that has been elevated to a factor of life - so important that it has gone beyond its original sporting challenge. I feel that competition ought to be left to the sporting world.

There are circumstances in this world that require co-operation, as I've discussed before, and I feel that we can begin co-operation by practicing something that we all want to feel every day.

I know that for me I feel most comfortable when I feel welcome wherever I am or wherever I go. I believe that this might be something that you might like as well so my recommendation for a little homework - not a lot okay, just a little - is to practice feeling welcome for yourself.

Practice the feeling. Remember how it is to feel welcome because in order to welcome others we need to know that we're actually experiencing the feeling - the word is not enough.

We are a feeling peoples on Earth - human beings - and regardless of our culture we all want to feel very much the same thing.

So practice if you like feeling the physical feeling of welcome and then the next time you are either in front of a mirror or with a friend that you can practice this with simply say, if you're in front of a mirror, "Welcome." Look at the eyes looking back at you from that mirror. Do you feel welcome?

This is important to practice not only for the sake of being polite but much more importantly as a foundation to move past self-destructive competition which I feel is at the heart of many of our problems today.

If you can do this with a friend then each of you co-operating together - not competitively okay - say and look into the eyes of the other, "Welcome."

Try to feel the physical feeling of welcome before you say the words and the other person - you notice if you feel welcome and then the other person do it and you practice like that.

This simple thing will help us all to experience easier relationships, more comfortable friendships and a truer sense of communion which in the past has been at best - communication. Lets step communication up to the next level and bring about communion through true welcome in feeling, thought and deed.

Goodlife.

No comments: