The Wand Position

The Wand Position
Often Used for Magic

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Influences In My Life

And now a personal note. My father was born in a very tough part of New York city in 1892. He and his sisters scrabbled out their survival in the most difficult of conditions and yet they all managed to get through it all and go on to establish good lives.

My father was one of the smartest men I've ever known. He was not quick to offer his point of view but if you asked it he would pause for a moment and consider and then he would speak usually with well chosen words his exact point of view which when considered in total, and it didn't go on for a long time you see, was something that was a statement that was complete.

It always had a origin, meaning this is where my opinion came from - if not spoken then the feeling was there, followed by the summation - how he felt about it in total and then there was always the allowance at the end that you could make up your mind for yourself. He didn't usually say that but one of the things I liked about his brief speeches like that is that it was always assumed that you would learn on your own and perhaps come to a similar conclusion.

I feel that this influence has helped me in my work today as I am not attached to people learning, being and doing that which I advise. It is more like something that I offer as you might sit down to a table for a picnic lunch. There are several foods there being offered but you are not forced to take any one.

Partaking of my father's wisdom in this way has allowed me to offer what I have for you in as humble a way as I am able and to welcome you to my table.

Goodlife to you all and goodnight.

No comments: